Monday, May 23, 2011

Halle's Surgery went well!

After 7 days, we are finally home!!!!  Halle's surgery went well!  She is such a strong girl and I am so proud of her!  This has been an extremely painful week for her but she is so strong!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to update the blog earlier, believe it or not, I did not have internet access at the hospital, I was shocked that a big hospital like that didn't have it available for people to connect to!

Halle was fused from T5 to L3, the week was tough, walking for the first time was really painful for her!  She is still unable to get up off the bed by herself and lay down without support. 

Halle wasn't allowed to eat until 6 days post op because her stomach was not "waking up" after the surgery.   Her stomach is still not really functioning but they sent us home anyway, with meds to try and help that... fingers crossed it works because so far nothing has!

Here are some pics of Halle's Journey...

                                                               Waiting for her surgery...

In the recovery room

First time sitting

First steps


Sleeping with some of her animals

Gifts



A happier Halle

Her back

The day we went home

Practicing walking the stairs


4 comments:

  1. So glad to see your update and that Halle is home!
    I'm very happy to hear that her surgery went well.
    I found your blog and have been reading as we are headed for surgery this summer. (Hailey age 13)
    Wishing you and Halle the best !
    Take care,
    Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Halle is home, Marlowe. Been thinking of you guys. Hope she can get back to eating normal soon, she looks so thin in these photos. xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlowe,
    I have a thin daughter. Shriners hospital told me to have her gain 10 lbs before surgery. So I have been making blender drinks with banana, yogurt, juice, frozen fruit and weight gainer stuff from either GNC or health food store.
    Just looking at it makes me gain 5 lbs! And I make brownies from mix and I double the eggs and sneak the protein powder in those too!
    I'll have to do a blog and put pics up like you and Halle.
    Take good care. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iam glad to see Halle surgery went well found your blog, on researching scoliosis. my 6 year old daughter Jurnee was just diagnosed. She goes to Children's Hospital in Atlanta,GA hope that everything continues to go well, she is a beautiful young ladie. best wishes. Kizzy Maxwell

    ReplyDelete